TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE
The following conditions apply whether or not a contract of carriage has been entered into as a quotation being offered and accepted or whether a contract has been made verbally or in writing. Traditional Travel Ltd is here after referred to as ‘The Company’.
1. The company reserves the right to refuse any booking application in its absolute discretion.
2. Vehicles hired are subject to availability at time of receipt of order.
3. The stated deposit must be paid at the time of booking. All payments must be in pounds sterling.
4. The company does not offer any credit terms, all monies due are to be paid in full before the hire commences.
5. Full payment must be received at The Company's office no later than 21 days before the date of hire.
If a hire is required at a shorter notice, booking and payment procedure is at The Company's discretion.
If no written confirmation and/or payment are received on time, no reminder will be sent. In these circumstances
The Company reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled by the proposed hirer and keep the full deposit.
6. The Company reserves the right to ask for any deposit in case of damage to the vehicle by the passengers.
This will also include any soils that require excessive cleaning and/or replacement to any part of the vehicle.
Full deposit shall be retained independent of the nature of the damage. If no damage has been made the full deposit shall be returned to the hirer.
7. The hirer is responsible for any parking, toll, ferry, congestion or admission charges.
8. Any alterations to the hire must be mutually agreed and in writing. Cancellations will result in the loss of any deposits paid. Cancellation fees will be payable at the following rates, unless specified otherwise in writing by The Company:
20 days prior to the date of hire - a loss of 25% of fleet hire fee; within 14 days -50% of hire fee; within 7 days -75% of hire fee, within 48 hours of departure full hire fee will be charged. There will be an admin fee of 3% of the hire value to process refunds.
9. The hirer undertakes to comply with all relevant statutes and regulations in relation to the contract including (without limitation) the Road Traffic Acts 1960 and 1988, the Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981 and the Public Service Vehicles (Conduct of Drivers, Inspectors, Conductors and Passengers) Regulations 1990.
10. The hirer is responsible for the behaviour, actions and decisions of all the passengers on board even if the hirer is not travelling with the party.
11. The driver and conductor are responsible for the safety of the vehicle and may remove any person from the vehicle whose conduct is in breach of any statuary regulations. The hirer will be responsible for any damage caused to the vehicle by passengers during the hire. The Company reserves the right to terminate the contract if the safety of the staff and/or the vehicle is violated. The full hire fee will be kept with no liability to the hirer.
12. In the event of national emergency, severe weather conditions, natural disasters or any unforeseen or unavoidable shortage of drivers or vehicles The Company reserves the right to cancel any booking or service without liability to the hirer.
13. Vehicles must not be sublet, lent or loaned by the hirer to another operator.
14. The Company reserves the following rights:
• To sub contract a vehicle from another operator without notice to the hirer;
• To alter the type of vehicle due to mechanical defects, weather, or any safety issue.
• To recover any charges made for services provided by any others in connection with the said hire.
15. Refreshments may not be consumed on the vehicle without prior written permission. Adequate provision for the disposal of ensuring rubbish is the responsibility of the hirer.
Glass utensils must not be used whilst the vehicle is in motion.
16. Alcohol may not be consumed or carried by law to specified sporting events.
17. For the comfort of all our passengers smoking is not permitted on our vehicles.
18. All personal effects and luggage are carried at owner risk. The Company reserves the right to refuse carriage of any item it considers dangerous or unfit on its vehicles. Gangways, emergency exits, stairs and the platform must be kept clear at all times. The vehicles are not equipped to carry large luggage, suitcases, pushchairs or wheelchairs. If carriage of any of these items is required, the hirer must inform the Company in writing prior to the hire. The
Company staff will decide on suitability.
19. When lost property is claimed it will be liable to a charge of up to £2.00 per item. If the claimant on the other hand refuses to pay, the goods will be treated as unclaimed. The claimant must arrange to collect the lost property at their own expense. The Company may dispose of unclaimed lost property after one month, although perishable goods may be disposed of at his/her discretion. The Company has discretionary powers regarding the return of property after the specified period, waiving statutory charge and the manner of disposal of unclaimed property.
20. The most suitable and direct route will be taken to and from the destination unless by prior arrangements are made in writing.
21. The driver has sole discretion as to the suitability of roads or routes to be taken. No liability can be accepted if the vehicle is unable to complete a journey due to the unsuitability of a road or location. Passengers may not be picked up or set down where picking up or setting down is prohibited.
22. Unless written authority has been obtained in advance the hirer must keep to the previously agreed departure times. The driver is obliged by law to obey the various drivers’ hours’ regulations. The vehicle may be withdrawn without notice if the hirer or their group are more than 15 minutes late for the requested time. It is the hirer’s responsibility to inform the Company of late running as soon as the hirer is aware of the situation. The Company can not guarantee that the hire can be extended and any extensions to the contract are subject to availability. A charge of £25 per 15 minutes is chargeable after the first 15 minutes has elapsed. The Company reserves the right to ask for extra payment before departure. No liability will be accepted for the cost of alternative transport. The Company gives estimated
journey times in good faith; if for any reason the journey takes longer, The Company will not be liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience suffered by the hirer or his passengers as a Result.
23. Vehicles may be used for other work during waiting times at destinations unless the hirer has specifically requested the vehicle to remain for their use.
24. The company will not be taken liable for loss, injuries, damage, delay or inconvenience caused where inclusive arrangements have been made incorporating with other companies` services. The Company will not be held liable for delays caused through unpunctually, traffic delays, or mechanical breakdown. In any event The Company will not be liable for any claims beyond the cost of the value of the hire.
25. No signage or advertising may be displayed on company vehicles without prior written permission. When such permission is given, the hirer will be liable for any damage to the vehicle's structure, fabric, or exterior caused by the application or removal of such signage or Advertising.
26. Any complaints regarding the hire of services provided by The Company must be made in writing no later than 14 days from the start of the hire. Complaints will not be dealt with over the phone.
27. Any calls made to the Company may be recorded for training or monitoring purposes.
28. CCTV or photographic equipment can be used on our vehicles for safety purposes.
29. The Company reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend the Terms & Conditions of Hire at any time without notice. Your continued use of Traditional Travel web site or the Company’s services after any such amendment constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms. You are responsible for regularly checking the Traditional Travel web site to review any changes to the Terms & Conditions.